It is Tetra Sodium salt of Ethylene diamine tetraacetic acid. It Is
also known as Tetrasodium Edetate.
It is white solid, very soluble in water and forms a basic solution.
Prepared from EDTA acid and Sodium Hydroxide, It is a strong
complexing and chelating agent. EDTA Tetrasodium reacts with many
metallic ions to form soluble chelates. As such, it is widely used
in analysis to retain alkaline earths and heavy metals in solution
and to dissolve scale.
EDTA Tetra Sodium is an antioxidant and a preservative. EDTA Tetra
Sodium also treats heavy metal toxicity and helps to maintain
stability and appearance in cosmetics.
We are the wholesale & the best leading EDTA Tetrasodium
Manufacturers, EDTA Tetrasodium suppliers & traders in India
We can also offer in liquid Form on request.
EDTA Tetrasodium possesses enormous usefulness because of its role
as a chelating agent, i.e. its ability to "sequester" metal ions
such as Ca2+ and Fe3+. After being bound by EDTA, metal ions remain
in solution but exhibit diminished reactivity. EDTA is produced as
several salts, notably disodium EDTA and calcium disodium EDTA.
It is easy to use and is added to emulsions in the water phase at
typical use levels of 0.02%-0.1% so it is very cost effective.
Physical properties & Specification Limits
Formula : C10H16N2O8.4Na
Relative Density: 0.7 g/cm3
Molar Mass : 380.170 g mol/1
Melting point : > 200oC decomposes
Solubility : soluble in water100–110g/100ml @20C·
Moisture : Max 0.2%
PH : 11 – 12 (10% solution)
• It is used predominantly in agriculture, water treatment, pulp and
• It is used in manufacture of cleaners and detergents.
• It is good addition to hand made soaps ,many hair products, creams
• It is added to some foods as a preservative or stabilizer to
prevent catalytic oxidative decoloration, which is catalyzed by
• In the textile industry, It prevents metal ion impurities from
modifying colours of dyed products.
• In Pulp and Paper Industry, it is used in the manufacturing of
paper to maximize bleaching efficiency during pulping, prevent
brightness reversion, and protect bleach potency.
• It inhibits the ability of metal ions, especially Mn2+, from
catalyzing the disproportionate of Hydrogen Peroxide, which is used
in chlorine-free bleaching.
• In personal care products, it is added to Cosmetics to improve
their stability toward air.
• In Metalworking industries, it is used for surface preparation,
metal cleaning, metal plating, and in metalworking fluids.
• In Cleaning products, it is employed to remove hard water scale,
soap film, and inorganic scales and is commonly used in a wide
variety of cleaning products and formulations, including hard
surface cleaners, laundry detergents, bacterial cleaners, vehicle
• In Photography, It is used as bleach in photographic film
• In Scale removal and prevention, it is used to clean calcium and
other types of scale from boilers, evaporators, heat exchangers,
filter cloths, and glass-lined kettles.
• In Water Treatment, it is used to control water hardness and
scale-forming calcium and magnesium ions and to prevent scale
• Added to detergents, liquid soaps, shampoos, agricultural chemical
sprays, pharmaceutical products, oil emulsions and textiles to
improve dyeing, scouring and detergent operations.
• Added to skin care products to neutralize the effect of metal ions
for soaps and cleansing agents to become more effective.
• Added to food in limited amounts to enhance the flavor and shelf
life of the foods.
• As a Food Preservative to remove unwanted metals that get into
foods from the soil and machinery during harvesting and processing.
• As a preservative in Soaps, to counteract the deforming action of
hardness ions, reducing soap scum and improving lather.
• As a “penetration enhancer” in a variety of different cosmetics.
• As a metal chelating agent in metal cleaning and plating.
• As an antioxidant in the clarification of liquids.
• As a metal deactivation in vegetable oils.
• As an anticoagulant of blood.
• To make Hard Water soft.
• To dissolve Metallic Impurities.
• To decontaminate radioactive surfaces.
• To aid in reducing blood cholesterol.
• To treat lead poisoning and calcinosis.
• To reduce calcium and magnesium hardness in water.
• To prevent bleaching agents from becoming active before they're
immersed in water.
We are the leading EDTA Tetrasodium Manufacturers, EDTA Tetrasodium
Suppliers and EDTA Tetrasodium Exporters